• Home
  • Downloads
  • Return to Portal
  • 17. The Custom House

    This building served as the headquarters for the US Customs Service in Salem, from 1819 to 1936.


    This property became part of Salem Maritime National Historic Site in 1938. It was temporarily occupied by the US Coast Guard during World War II. 


    Photos

    #1: Courtessy of Ty Hapworth

    #4: SAMA 001A-001

    #5: SAMA 001A-009